Translate

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Door of the Sheep 2

A few months back I posted a blog about Christ and His Atonement having the power to make doors through all the walls we face in life. This concept has been on my mind since then and when I was reading some of my brother's favorite versus something new stood out to me. It is found in 1 Nephi 21:14-16:


God gave us walls not to succumb to them,
 but to overcome them through Christ
"But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me-but he will show that he hath not. For can a women forget her sucking child, that she should no have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget thee, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me."
Christ isn't just mindful of our mistakes and sins, He is perfectly mindful of our walls; those things that hold us back, our natural weaknesses and shortcomings. The Gospel of Jesus Christ isn't just about making us clean, it literally has the power through Christ to make us better-to become new creatures. When my older brother left on his mission he shared this verse with me and since then it has been one of my favorites. It is Ether 12:27:
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
We all come with weaknesses and shortcomings, but we have them for a reason. We have them because they help us be mindful of Christ as He is mindful of us, and if we turn to Him in Faith, He will make our weak things become strong. He is not only mindful of walls, He has the power to make them walls of protection rather than walls of damnation-from a weakness to a strength. Weaknesses are one of the best ways we learn to rely and turn to Him. He knows that learning to rely on Him is worth anything we will go through because in His hands we can become far more than we could become of ourselves. He truly has the hands of a master carpenter of souls, and we have the choice to place ourselves in those hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment