Translate

Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July Thoughts

I have been thinking about Independence Day and all of the blessings of freedom I enjoy because of the brave men and women who sacrificed so much of themselves in our behalf. Because of them I enjoy freedom of education, speech, religion; I get to vote, decide what I want to be when I grow up, and more things then I could ever name. As I thought about all the things I have because of others sacrificing it led me to reflect on the Savior and all He sacrificed for us to be free.
In 2 Nephi 2:26 it says "and the Messiah cometh in the fullness of time, that he may redeem the children of men from the fall. And because that they re redeemed from the fall they have become free forever, knowing good from evil; to act for themselves and not be acted upon." (2 Nephi 2:26)
I know that because of Jesus Christ and His sacrifice on our behalf, we truly can be free from all of our mistakes, guilt, trials, sorrows, tribulations, hurts, pains, and even our weaknesses. There is literally nothing He cannot make right, no chain He cannot break, no hurt He cannot heal: all it takes is us to turn to Him in Faith.
So, this week, as we think of all those men who have died to keep this nation free, let us also remember the one who died to make all men free.

No comments:

Post a Comment